Wednesday, June 29, 2011
Why you need to come to Oktoberfest in Kewanee (Oct 9-11)
* The chance to receive Holy Absolution before Mass.
* A reverent celebration of the Mass with solid preaching.
* Sheboygan bratwurst cooked by a Sheboygan native for the Sunday banquet.
* Top notch German potato salad too.
* Prof. William Weinrich (see below)
* The best evening of drinking and theological discussion in the Missouri Synod.
* That point in the evening when Fritz puts on Hotel California and asks, "Now, what does this hymn mean?"
* Solemn Vespers to close your Sunday.
* A most gracious hostess in Mrs. Eckardt.
* Good company - a wonderful group of faithful pastors to bounce ideas off of, commiserate, and debate.
I could go on and on. Oktoberfest in Kewanee is simply what a general pastors' conference should be but what many, sadly, are not. It will refresh you for your busy fall and winter and send you home with some new theological thought to chew on - it always does!
REGISTRATION: $25 per person (students $20) $40 per couple — includes Sunday banquet and Monday continental and luncheon; no charge for children with parents.
To register, please call 309-852-2461 and leave your registration information (name[s] and address) or register by email with the the option of using PayPal with an account or a major credit card, by clicking here and putting "Oktoberfest" in the purpose line for the donation. Or you may pay the registration fee when you arrive. Please register ahead, even if you choose to pay when you arrive.
Featuring Dr. William Weinrich, Oktoberfest will begin as usual on Sunday night with Choral Vespers, a bratwurst banquet, and a big party. Monday features an all-day seminar with Dr. Weinrich. Dr Weinrich's topic will be "Baptism in the Gospel of St. John." Tuesday: Gottesdienst Central, topic TBA